3DXTech CarbonX™ CF-Nylon 12 Filament 500g Black
CarbonX™ PA12+CF is made using a specialty Nylon 12 [PA12] and high-modulus carbon fiber. This material offers an excellent combination of performance and printability. PA12 absorbs much less moisture than PA6-based materials and has superior retention of mechanical properties after exposure to humid environments.
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
CarbonX™ PA12+CF Printing Filament
CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber PA12 is made using high-modulus carbon fiber and a specialty Nylon 12 (PA12) that we chose for it’s printability, thermal properties, and chemical resistance. PA12+CF is widely used in a variety of industries due to its excellent chemical resistance, low moisture absorption, and wide processing window. Our formulation ensures very low shrinkage in the printed part resulting in excellent dimensional stability, making our PA12+CF an excellent choice for tools, fixtures, and jigs.
Benefits of PA12+CF Includes:
- High thermal properties, with a CUT of 120°C and HDT of 150°C
- Excellent strength and stiffness over a wide temperature range, up to 150°C
- Very low moisture absorption yielding improved retention of mechanical properties even when exposed to humid environments
- Low density makes it ideal for light-weight parts
- Superior chemical resistances, especially when compared to PA6 nylons
- Low shrinkage and warping for high dimensional stability and reproducible part-to-part measurements
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 265-285°C
- Bed Temp: 90-110°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm. This material is particularly abrasive and users may find standard brass nozzles are chewed through very quickly, and the nozzle diameter will widen inconsistently causing extrusion issues.
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep and 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended
- Supports: AquaTek™ water soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material is designed to work with complex models
- Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4 hours