3DXTech CarbonX™ CF-PC Filament 1.75mm 750g Black
CarbonX™ PC+CF is made using Sabic Lexan® Polycarbonate and reinforced with premium high-modulus carbon fiber. This material offers excellent thermal properties, strength & stiffness, superior dimensional stability, and an amazing surface finish.
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
CarbonX™ PC+CF Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polycarbonate
CarbonX™ PC+CF is a high-performance carbon fiber reinforced polycarbonate filament. This material is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high heat, high stiffness, excellent surface quality, and dimensional stability. Polycarbonate has a Tg of 147°C and offers some of the highest thermal performance on the 3D printing market.
Benefits of CarbonX™ PC+CF Include:
- High thermal properties, Polycarb itself has a Tg of 147°C
- Amorphous structure gives it low, near isotropic shrinkage
- Further improved stiffness and dimensional stability with the addition of carbon fiber reinforcement
- Very low odor emitted while printing
- Wide processing range of 280-310°C
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 280-310°C
- Bed Temp: 110-120°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm. This material is particularly abrasive and users may find standard brass nozzles are chewed through very quickly, and the nozzle diameter will widen inconsistently causing extrusion issues.
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments.
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive, Nano Polymer Adhesive, and 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended
- Supports: Water soluble AquaTek X1 USM works great for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 120°C for 4 hours.