3DXTech CarbonX™ CF-PP Filament 750g Black 1.75mm
CarbonX™ PP+CF is made using a specialty formulated PP copolymer and reinforced with premium high-modulus carbon fiber. This material offers ease of printing, strength & stiffness, excellent dimensional stability, and an amazing surface finish.
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polypropylene (PP+CF) 3D Filament
CarbonX™ PP+CF is made using a specialty formulated polypropylene copolymer reinforced with high-modulus chopped carbon fiber. This filament is based on a patent-pending formulation that offers improved thermal properties and low shrinkage/warp compared to competitive PP-based compounds.
The reels contain 750g of filament, but based on the very low density of PP+CF, this is the same amount of filament that would typically be found on a 1kg reel of ABS. This allows you to print light-weight and exceptionally rigid parts for medical, drones, watercraft, automotive, or any application which would benefit from a light weight, stiff, chemically resistant material.
Benefits of PP+CF Include:
- Excellent resistance against a huge variety of chemicals
- Low density and weight
- Easier to print than most flexible materials and suitable for use with practically any 3D printer
- Does not absorb moisture, no drying needed!
- High strength and stiffness
Chemical Resistance of PP+CF
Since properties can change depending on print environment and 3D model geometry and/or surface area, it is always required to do your own testing, but Polypropylene is famous for its chemical resistances to a huge range of environments including:
- Acids: Acetic, Boric, Hydrochloric, Phosphoric, Stearic, Sulfuric, Uric
- Bases: Hydrocides of Ammonium, Barium, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium
- Solvents: Acetone, Ethanol, MEK, Phenol (10%), Water
Recommended Print Settings
- Extruder: 220-250°C
- Bed Temp: 23-60°C
- Nozzle: We highly recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm. This material is particularly abrasive and users may find standard brass nozzles are chewed through very quickly, and the nozzle diameter will widen inconsistently causing extrusion issues.
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep gives the best results
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Supports: AquaTek™ Water Soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material is one of the few materials capable of properly forming a strong, temporary bond for support. Polypropylene is infamous for being difficult to support, and X1 USM is ideal for the job.
- Drying Instructions: Not needed
- Diameter: 1.75mm
- Weight: 0.75kg
- Colour: Black
- Technical Data Sheet