3DXTech Thermax™ PPS Filament 1.75mm 500g Grey
ThermaX™ PPS [Polyphenylene Sulfide] is widely used in the most demanding applications because it has excellent chemical resistance coupled with superior mechanical and thermal properties.
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
ThermaX™ PPS 3D Printing Filament
PPS (Polyphenylene Sulfide) is a high-performance polymer that exhibits exceptional chemical resistance along with high thermal and mechanical properties. Widely known as one of the most chemically resistant thermoplastic materials available.
PPS is completely insoluble in any known solvent under 200°C.
PPS is used in some of the most demanding applications in Auto, Chemical Processing, Oil & Gas, and Electronics. It is inherently flame retardant and self extinguishing, making it an ideal material for electrical / electronics applications.
Benefits of ThermaX™ PPS:
- Melting temperatures (Tm) of 285°C
- Glass Transition temperature (Tg) of 85°C
- Excellent chemical resistance, insoluble in ANY known solvent under 200°C
- Stable dielectric constant and dissipation factor over a wide range of temps and frequencies.
- Inherently flame resistant and self-extinguishing
- Long-term hydrolytic stability for very low moisture absorption
- Exceptional strength and modulus even at elevated temperatures
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 315-345°C
- Bed Temp: 120-160°C
- Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive and 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape work best for us.
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, up to 50-90°C if available on your printer
- Supports: ThermaX™ HTS High-Temp Support is designed specifically to work with high-temp materials like this one.
- Other: No cooling fan and print speeds of 16 mm/s as a starting point.
- Drying Instructions: 110°C for 4 hours.
Annealing (Post-Crystalizing) 3D Printed PPS Parts:
Parts printed with PPS must be annealed after printing to ramp-up the crystallinity in the resin. This will maximize mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties. Full annealing generally requires 2-4 hours of heating at 130°C. The following process for annealing your ThermaX™ PPS parts will help assure ideal performance.
- Place printed parts in cool, room-temp oven. Supports may be left on the part if there is a risk of part warping without them.
- Set temp to 80°C and allow to stabilize for 1 hour.
- Raise oven temperature to 130°C and allow to stabilize 2-3 hours, longer depending upon the size/thickness of the part.
- Turn off oven heat and allow the printed part to cool to room temperature.
Safety and Technical data sheets