MakerBot ABS for METHOD X
Real, Production-Grade ABS for Manufacturing Applications
ABS is one of the most popular materials for injection molded consumer products due to its clean surface finish, durability, and heat resistance.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
MakerBot ABS Special Features
Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) is one of the most common plastics used in injection-molding, found in many common products such as LEGOS, computer keys, power-tool housings, and automotive parts.
MakerBot real ABS is a real, production-grade ABS material formulation for creating strong and durable functional prototypes, manufacturing tools, and end-use parts. Unlike desktop ABS material formulations containing damaging modifiers and stabilizers that lead to warping and cracking, this real ABS formulation empowers engineers to achieve part properties close to injection molded parts with high dimensional accuracy, durability, and repeatability. Outpace your competition with better materials and better parts.
The ABS Material for METHOD X has been designed and tested to work perfectly with MakerBot’s industrial grade printer, and is shipped in a vacuum-sealed metalised polyester bag to preserve its quality right up until opening. The filament comes wound around a Smart Spool™ that contains all the information that the printer needs, including material type, colour, and remaining amount via an embedded RFID chip that communicates directly to MakerBot Print.
- End-Use Parts: Custom parts, low volume production, and components that require high geometric complexity;
- Liquid Containers
- Signage & Graphic Displays
- Enclosures for Electrical Equipment
- Manufacturing Tools: Create tools, jigs, and fixtures at lower cost, with faster turnaround, and without the need for expensive skilled labour;
- Manufacturing Tools and Aids
- Robotic End Effectors
- Product Testing Tools
- Functional Prototypes: Get true fit and feel, test in real-world and beyond real-world scenarios, and expedite time to market in the same material as the final injection-molded part;
- Consumer Product Prototypes
- Appliance Assemblies
- Automotive Parts
MakerBot ABS Specifications
- Printer Compatibility: MakerBot METHOD X
- Extruder Compatibility: Material Extruder 1XA, Support Extruder 2XA
- Material Type: ABS
- Spool Type: Smart Spool™
- Software Compatibility: MakerBot Print
- Support Material: Stratasys® SR-30
- Dimensional Accuracy: Finished Part Dimensional Accuracy of ±0.2mm
- Heat Deflection @ 66psi (ASTM 648): 84°C
- Flexural Strength (Method 1, 0.05″/min): 65MPa
- Flexural Modulus (Method 1, 0.05″/min): 77MPa
- Tensile Strength at Yield (Type 1, 0.125″, 0.2″/min): 43MPa
- Tensile Modulus (ISO 527): 2,400MPa
- Strain at Yield – Elongation: 2.6%
- Notched Impact Strength (ASTM D256): 26J/m
- Unnotched Imact Strength (ASTM D256): 1650J/m
- Dimensions & Weight:
- Spool Diameter: 218mm
- Spool Width: 42mm
- Material Diameter: 1.75mm
- Net Weight: 650g
- Operating Environment: Store ABS in the included vacuum-sealed metalised polyester bag to avoid moisture absorption from air and long-term exposure to humidity, which can compromise material quality and performance. Make sure the built-in desiccant is in the spool to absorb any moisture exposure during the material loading process.
MakerBot METHOD bridges the gap between industrial and desktop 3D printing. It was developed from the ground up leveraging industry-leading Stratasys® patents including a heated build chamber, precision dissolvable supports, and dry-sealed material bays.
Engineers and designers use METHOD to create prototypes, jigs and fixtures, and end-use parts.
Learn more at https://www.makerbot.com/3d-printers/method/
Natural, Orange, White, Red, Black, Gray