MakerBot ASA Material for METHOD X
UV and Moisture Resistance for Demanding Outdoor Applications
ASA combines the qualities of ABS with the added benefit of UV resistance and additional moisture resistance making it ideal for equipment exposed to sunlight and rain over long periods of time – such as products for the agriculture, transportation, and power and utility industries.
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
MakerBot ASA Special Features
MakerBot Precision ASA is a weather-resistant alternative to ABS used widely for functional prototypes and end-use parts in demanding outdoor enviornments. This thermoplastic formulation has properties similar to MakerBot Real ABS, but with better UV and chemical resistance for retaining gloss, colour, and mechanical properties when exposed to the elements.
MakerBot ASA is supported by Stratasys® SR-30 support material for unrestricted geometric freedom and is ideal for demanding applications in the automotive, power and utilities, agriculture, oil and gas, and mass transit industries.
The ASA Material for METHOD X has been designed and tested to work perfectly with MakerBot’s industrial grade printer, and is shipped in a vacuum-sealed metalised polyester bag to preserve its quality right up until opening. The filament comes wound around a Smart Spool™ that contains all the information that the printer needs, including material type, colour, and remaining amount via an embedded RFID chip that communicates directly to MakerBot Print.
- End-Use Parts: Engineers and machinists can create functional end-use parts with durability and ductility including snap fits and living hinges capable of withstanding the elements;
- Industrial Machine Covers
- Protective Guards
- Outdoor Signage
- Replacement Parts for Agriculture
- Functional Prototypes: Designers and engineers can create functional prototypes that combine superior part durability with temperature, moisture, and chemical resistance in demanding outdoor conditions;
- Sporting Goods and Accessories
- All-Weather Assembly Housings
- Enclosures for Outdoor Electrical Equipment
MakerBot ASA Specifications
- Printer Compatibility: MakerBot METHOD X
- Extruder Compatibility: Material Extruder 1XA, Support Extruder 2XA
- Material Type: ASA
- Spool Type: Smart Spool™
- Software Compatibility: MakerBot Print
- Support Material: Stratasys® SR-30
- Dimensional Accuracy: Finished Part Dimensional Accuracy of ±0.2mm
- Heat Deflection (ASTM 648, 66psi): 96°C
- Flexural Strength (ASTM D790, 15mm/min): 78MPa
- Flexural Modulus (ASTM D790, 15mm/min): 2,300MPa
- Tensile Strength at Yield (ASTM D638, 50mm/min): 49MPa
- Tensile Modulus (ASTM D638, 50mm/min): 2,100MPa
- Strain at Yield – Elongation: >6%
- Notched Impact Strength (ATSM D256): 140J/m
- Dimensions & Weight:
- Spool Diameter: 218mm
- Spool Width: 42mm
- Material Diameter: 1.75mm
- Net Weight: 750g
- Operating Environment: Store ASA in the included vacuum-sealed metalised polyester bag to avoid moisture absorption from air and long-term exposure to humidity, which can compromise material quality and performance. Make sure the built-in desiccant is in the spool to absorb any moisture exposure during the material loading process.
MakerBot METHOD bridges the gap between industrial and desktop 3D printing. It was developed from the ground up leveraging industry-leading Stratasys® patents including a heated build chamber, precision dissolvable supports, and dry-sealed material bays.
Engineers and designers use METHOD to create prototypes, jigs and fixtures, and end-use parts.
Learn more at https://www.makerbot.com/3d-printers/method/
Black, White, Red