MakerBot METHOD X 3D Printer
MakerBot Method X, a Manufacturing Workstation.
This desktop Industrial 3D Printer replacement prints complex and durable parts for end-use assemblies and manufacturing tools. Print using a wide variety of materials, including Carbon Fibre and ABS, while achieving amazing dimensional accuracy.
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
MakerBot METHOD X Special Features
- Circulating Heated Chamber: At the heart of the MakerBot METHOD platform is the circulated heated build chamber, exclusive to MakerBot and powered by Stratasys, the world-wide leader in Industrial 3D printing. The heated build chamber helps you to achieve dimensional accuracy and high strength manufacturing grade parts; METHOD X can reach up to 100°C.
- A heated chamber produces stronger and more durable parts than a heated build plate.
- Produces consistent strength in 3 axis with recirculating heat on every layer.
- Achieves better mechanical and thermal properties than modified desktop 3D printer formulations.
- Manufacturing Grade Parts: The MakerBot METHOD platform can print with a wide variety of advanced engineering materials. The open platform allows you to access unlimited materials with MakerBot Labs.
- Print with official MakerBot materials including Nylon Carbon Fibre, ABS, Nylon, PC-ABS, and SR-30 – each carefully tested for thousands of hours to achieve engineering standards of printed part dimensional accuracy and strength.
- Access unlimited materials with an Open Materials Platform enabled by MakerBot LABS. Print advanced materials such as ABS Carbon, TPE (flexible), PETG ESD, and PC.
- Dimensional Accuracy: A key feature of MakerBot METHOD 3D Printers is the finished part dimensional accuracy. This allows METHOD to print complex geometries that are impossible to print with advanced materials on a regular desktop 3D printer.
- Enabled by Stratasys SR-30 soluble supports.
- The only printer in its class to guarantee finished part dimensional accuracy ±0.2mm.
- Print complex assemblies that fit with tight tolerances – every time.
- Dual Performance Extruders: The MakerBot METHOD dual performance extruder system is built from the ground up to accelerate print times while providing dimensional accuracy.
- Smart Sensors for material management and print protection.
- Greater Torque with a 19:1 dual-drive gear ratio.
- Lengthened thermal core with less than 60 second heat up time.
- Wireless Printing & Monitoring: MakerBot Print + MakerBot Cloud work hard so you don’t have to. With over 25 supported native CAD file types, you can focus on your next design rather than messing around with plugins and conversions. You can also remotely print, monitor, and control your device from anywhere in the world.
- Automated & Tinker Free: MakerBot boast the most stream-lined workflow in the industry saving you time and putting an end to tinkering.
- Automated material handling, build plate leveling, and extruder calibration.
- Keep your projects moving and enjoy peace of mind with MakerBot’s leading in-house customer support plus loca Australian warranty.
- Seamless CAD integration with AUTODESK INVENTOR, AUTODESK FUSION 360. Onshape, and Solidworks.
MakerBot METHOD X Specifications
- Print Technology: Fused Deposition Modeling
- Print Heads: 2
- Dimensional Accuracy: ±0.2mm
- Layer Resolution: 100 microns
- Max Material Flow Rate: ~50mm³/sec
- Print Head Travel Speed: Up to 500mm/sec
- Maximum Build Volume:
- Single Extrusion (LxWxH): 190x190x196mm
- Dual Extrusion (LxWxH): 152x190x196mm
- Ambient Operating Temperature: 15-26°C, 10-70% RH non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: 0-38°C
- Printer Automation:
- Automatic Z Calibration
- Automatic Nozzle Calibration
- Automatic Material Loading
- Size & Weight
- Product Dimensions (LxWxH): 43.7×41.3×64.9cm
- Product Weight: 29.5kg
- Temperature Control: Circulating Heated Chamber
- Build Plate: Flexible Steel Build Plate
- Build Surface: Reusable Grip Surface
- Display: 5″ Full-Colour Capacitive Touch Screen
- Camera Resolution: 640×480 pixels
- Connectivity: USB Drive, USB, Ethernet, WiFi
- Power Requirements: 100-240V, 8.1-3.4A, 50/60Hz, 800W max.
- Sensor Suite
- Drawer: Temeprature, Humidity Control, Material Detection, RFID
- Performance Extruders: Temperature, Material Detection, Encoder (Jam Detection)
- Printer: Lid (open/closed), Door (open/closed), Temperature Sensors (Heated Chamber), Calibration Sensors
- Extruder Hardware
- Extruder Thermal Core Length: 48.2mm
- Max Extruder Drive Torque: 200 Newtons
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
- Spool Type: Smart Spools with RFID Sensors
- Spool Sensors: Remaining Material, Material Colour, Material Kind
- Supported Materials:
- MakerBot Precision Materials: ABS, ASA, PLA, Tough, PVA, SR-30
- MakerBot Specialty Materials: NYLON, PETG
- Software Bundle: MakerBot Print, MakerBot Mobile
- Supported File Types: MakerBot (.makerbot), STL (.stl), SolidWorks (.sldprt, .sldasm), InventorOBJ (.ipt, .iam), IGES (.iges, .igs), STEP AP203/214 (.step, .stp), CATIA (.CATPart, .CATProduct), Wavefront Object (.obj), Unigraphics/NX (.prt), Solid Edge (.par, .asm), ProE/Creo (.prt, .asm), VRML (.wrl), Parasolid (.x_t, .x_b)
- Operating Systems
- Windows (7, 10)
- Mac OS X (10.9+)
- Introducing MakerBot METHOD: https://youtu.be/O4mRZE8S5yY
- Full list of MarkerBot Materials: https://makerbot.com.au/materials/
MakerBot METHOD bridges the gap between industrial and desktop 3D printing. It was developed from the ground up leveraging industry-leading Stratasys® patents including a heated build chamber, precision dissolvable supports, and dry-sealed material bays.
Engineers and designers use METHOD to create prototypes, jigs and fixtures, and end-use parts.
Learn more at https://www.makerbot.com/3d-printers/method/
|Dimensions||76.5 × 50 × 55.5 cm|