MakerBot PC-ABS Flame Retardant for METHOD X
Print Durable and Heat-Resistant Prototypes and End-Use Parts
A strong, engineering-grade material that has both a high heat resistance and high impact resistance.
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
MakerBot PC-ABS FR Special Features
PC-ABS is a strong, engineering-grade material that has both a high heat resistance and high impact resistance. When ABS does not provide a high enough impact resistance, but high heat resistance is still required, PC-ABS is a great alternative due to the addition of polycarbonate.
PC-ABS is a common material used for injection molding purposes, and widely used across the automotive, railroad, and electronics industries. METHOD’s Circulating Heated Chamber ensures dimensionally accurate prints without the risk of warping and cracking.
The PC-ABS FR Specialty Material for METHOD X has been designed and tested to work perfectly with MakerBot’s industrial grade printer, and is shipped in a vacuum-sealed metalised polyester bag to preserve its quality right up until opening. The filament comes wound around a Smart Spool™ that contains all the information that the printer needs, including material type, colour, and remaining amount via an embedded RFID chip that communicates directly to MakerBot Print.
- Functional Prototypes: PC-ABS, like ABS, is regularly used in mass production for consumer and industrial products. In anticipation of large-scale manufacturing, it can be beneficial to prototype and test your prototypes using the same material used in production in order to more closely mimic the final product in form, fit, and function.
- Flame Retardant: PC-ABS FR is a flame retardant version of PC-ABS. Flame retardance is a common requirement for materials used in the production of passenger carrying vehicles such as rail cars, automobiles, and airplanes. The benefit being that FR extinguishes flames preventing the spread of fire.
- End-Use Parts: Short-run production with PC-ABS can be achieved for extremely low-volume products with the benefit of avoiding costly tooling. These parts can permanently replace injection-molded pieces, or temporarily supplement them in the case of supply-chain disruption.
- Printing Complex Geometries with SR-30 Dissolvable Support: For printing the most complex geometries with easy support removal, PC-ABS FR can be used in conjunction with Stratasys SR-30 dissolvable support material. SR-30’s unique compatibility with PC-ABS results in dimensionally accurate prints with clean finishes.
MakerBot PC-ABS FR Specifications
- Printer Compatibility: MakerBot METHOD X
- Extruder Compatibility: Material Extruder 1XA & Support Extruder 2XA
- Support Material: Stratasys® SR-30
- Material Type: PC-ABS FR
- Spool Type: Smart Spool™
- Software Compatibility: MakerBot Print
- Tensile Strength (ISO 527): 60MPa
- Strain at Break (ISO 527): >50%
- E-Modulus (ISO 527): 2,850MPa
- Impact Strength (Charpy Method 23°C ISO 179): 42.5kj/m²
- Vicat Softening Temp. (ISO 306): 104°C
- Flammability-Rating (UL-94): V0
- Dimensional Accuracy: Finished part dimensional accuracy of ±0.2mm
- Dimensions & Weight:
- Spool Diameter: 218mm
- Spool Width: 42mm
- Material Diameter: 1.75mm
- Net Weight: 750g
- Operating Environment: Store PC-ABS FR in the included vacuum-sealed metalised polyester bag to avoid moisture absorption from air and long-term exposure to humidity, which can compromise material quality and performance. Make sure the built-in desiccant is in the spool to absorb any moisture exposure during the material loading process.