MakerBot PETG Specialty Material for METHOD
Chemical and Moisture Resistance and Durability
PETG’s chemical resistance makes it a choice material for liquid containers and research lab parts.
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
MakerBot PETG Special Features
Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol (PETG) is the material of choice for printing high-performance parts that demand excellent durability along with temperature, moisture, and chemical resistance. Engineers and designers use PETG to produce durable prints with speed and agility that can withstand industrial applications including functional prototypes, jigs and fixtures, and end-use parts.
The PETG Specialty Material for METHOD has been designed and tested to work perfectly with MakerBot’s industrial grade printer, and is shipped in a vacuum-sealed metalised polyester bag to preserve its quality right up until opening. The filament comes wound around a Smart Spool™ that contains all the information that the printer needs, including material type, colour, and remaining amount via an embedded RFID chip that communicates directly to MakerBot Print.
- Excellent mechanical properties, including high durability and toughness
- Higher heat resistance than both PLA and Tough
- Chemical resistance to acidic and alkali compounds
- Moisture resistant
- Prints with water-soluble PVA supports
- Applications include: liquid containers, signage and graphic displays, enclosures for electrical equipment, manufacturing tools and aids, robotic end effectors, product testing tools, custom machine parts, protective guards, cooling tubes
MakerBot PETG Specifications
- Printer Compatibility: MakerBot METHOD
- Material Type: PETG
- Spool Type: Smart Spool™
- Software Compatibility: MakerBot Print
- Moisture Resistance (ISO 62): 1104ppm
- Heat Deflection (ASTM 648): 70°C
- Flexural Strength (ISO 178): 69MPa
- Flexural Modulus (ISO178): 2,050Mpa
- Tensile Strength at Yield (ISO 527): 50Mpa
- Tensile Modulus (ISO 527): 2,020MPa
- Strain at Yield – Elongation: 6%
- Impact Strength (Charpy Method 23°C): 8.1kJ/m²
- Dimensions & Weight:
- Spool Diameter: 218mm
- Spool Width: 42mm
- Material Diameter: 1.75mm
- Net Weight: 750g
- Operating Environment: Store PETG in the included vacuum-sealed metalised polyester bag to avoid moisture absorption from air and long-term exposure to humidity, which can compromise material quality and performance. Make sure the built-in desiccant is in the spool to absorb any moisture exposure during the material loading process.