MakerBot PVA Support Material
Water Soluble Support Material for Complex Parts
PVA is a water soluble support material that is compatible with many lower temperature model materials such as PLA and PETG.
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
MakerBot PVA Special Features
Because PVA is water soluble it is very office friendly, and is a great option for printing the most complex geometries in a prototyping environment.
To dissolve your supports, simply submerge your finished print in regular tap water and the PVA will begin dissolving. No agitator is required for PVA dissolution, but if you require accelerated dissolution (large amounts of supports) you can periodically remove softened PVA – just be careful not to remove PVA that is supporting a delicate part of the model for risk of damaging the model material.
The PVA Support Material for METHOD has been designed and tested to work perfectly with MakerBot’s industrial grade printer, and is shipped in a vacuum-sealed metalised polyester bag to preserve its quality right up until opening. The filament comes wound around a Smart Spool™ that contains all the information that the printer needs, including material type, colour, and remaining amount via an embedded RFID chip that communicates directly to MakerBot Print.
MakerBot PVA Specifications
- Printer Compatibility: METHOD & METHOD X
- Material Type: Water-Soluble Support Filament
- Spool Type: Smart Spool™
- Software Compatibility: MakerBot Print
- Extruder Compatibility: Material Extruder 1, Support Extruder 1
- Compatible Materials: MakerBot PLA/Tough/Nylon/PETG
- Dimensional Accuracy: Finished part dimensional accuracy of ±0.2mm
- Dimensions & Weight:
- Spool Diameter: 218mm
- Spool Width: 42mm
- Material Diameter: 1.75mm
- Net Weight: 450g
- Operating Environment: Store PVA in the included vacuum-sealed metalised polyester bag to avoid moisture absorption from air and long-term exposure to humidity, which can compromise material quality and performance. Make sure the built-in desiccant is in the spool to absorb any moisture exposure during the material loading process.