Modix BIG-Meter 3D Printer
Leasing finance monthly options available – see calculator below
Only left in stock
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
Modix BIG-Meter Special Features
- Life Size Printing: Print Volume 1010x1010x1010mm
- Filament Runout Sensor
- Dual Print Head as Default
- 3x Independant Bed Heaters, each capacble of reaching 120°C
- Efficient Full Automatic Bed Leveling: Auto print bed tilt calibration & 100 points bed probing points
Modix BIG-Meter Specifications
Chassis & Enclosure
- Solid 40X40 T-slot aluminum profiles,
- Powder-coated laser cut aluminum brackets and joints,
- Enclosure – Closed enclosure made of 3mm black Aluminum Composite Panels (ACP).
Duet 2 WiFi: a Powerful 3D Printer Controller made in the UK
- Powerful 32 Bit Processor,
- Dedicated Wifi module with external antenna,
- Super quiet TMC2660 stepper drivers, up to 256 microstepping.
- High speed uSD card and support for a second external SD card if required.
- Dual extruders on the main board, up to 5 more extruders on the expansion board.
- High Power rating: Each stepper driver is capable of 2.8A motor current, currently limited in software to 2.4A.
- Connect via PC, tablet or smartphone on the same network to the on-board web interface.
- Set up your printer and update the firmware through the web interface.
- 7-inch Duet3d Touchscreen – integrated with the controller,
- WiFi web access for remote control from either mobile or PC allowing users to upload print files directly from their workstation,
- SD card slot and USB.
- Hiwin MGW9H linear guide rails,
- 4x Z ball screws for Z axis 12mm diameter, 4mm pitch
- 9mm width Gates GT2 timing belt, reinforced with fiberglass
- Axis Motors: Motech Nema 17 60mm length MT-1705HS200A | Holding Torque: 114oz.in (8.2kg.cm) | Current / Phase: 2.00A |
- Position accuracy: X-10 Micron, Y-10 Micron, Z-0.5 Micron
- Print speed – Normal quality 60 mm/sec, Draft 100 mm/sec, Calculated for 0.4 nozzle. Larger nozzles normally print slower but provide parts much faster due to a reduced number of layers (thicker layer = lower resolution = faster results).
- Support both 110V and 230V,
- For electronics: Meanwell 24V 280W Power Supply,
- Protections: Short / Over-load / Over-voltage / Over-heating.
- No load power consumption<0.5W,
- LED indicator for power on,
- Aviation grade switches and connectors.
- Heat Bed AC powered heater 1370 Watt,
- PID bed heater controller by Autonic.
- 6.35mm thick, Alcoa Mic6 milled cast aluminum plate, made in the USA.
- AC powered bed heater 1370 Watt. Requires additional independent 15A AC source.
- Dual heating zones. Inner 200X200mm size for small objects and lower power consumption.
- Max temperature – 120°C,
- Print surface – PEI film with 3M high temp adhesive sheet.
Auto Bed Leveling
- BL touch probe as standard
- Probing of bed shape is kept in controller memory and activated before each print.
- Probing mesh: Big60 – 100 points, 120X – 200 points.
- Open source Duet RepRap firmware. The leading firmware for 3D printing allowing numerous configurations and easy customization using the macro system.
- One can choose from any available slicer and 3D printer controller including: Slic3r, Cura, and Simplify3d (recommended).
- E3D Aero extruder for both primary and secondary extruders.
- Configuration: Main – direct drive, secondary – direct drive.
- Extruder drive gear ratio 3:1 for power and accuracy.
- Nema17 40mm for high power extrusion.
- Adjustable tension idler .
Dual Print Head
- Secondary print head allows printing complex models that requires easy for removal support. i.e. models with internal geometry. For such printing jobs it would be better to use a secondary print head that can print with a soluble filaments that would be later removed by water.
- E3D V6 Volcano high-flow heat block – standard.
- The 1.75 mm filament diameter is the default, but the end-customer can change it to 3mm filament.
- 0.4, 0.6 & 0.8mm brass Volcano nozzles supported.
- Smaller nozzle diameters are available for the standard V6.
- Heater cartridge is 24V 40W, max temperature is 285°C by default. Can be converted to a higher temperature of up to 500°C
by end-customer by changing thermistor, if needed.
- Part cooling fan – 5015 blower fan.
- PLA, ABS, Composites: Carbon fiber, Wood, Copper, Brass, Magnetic, PHA, PVA , Hips, Nylon, TPE & TPU (flexible), Co-Polyester, PETG.
- Open Filament – Any filament from any vendor can be used.
- Filament Run-Out Sensor – The filament run-out detection sensor will pause the print job when the filament has been used up.
- Printer Dimensions: 1300x1470x1830mm