Polymaker PolyMax PLA 2.85mm 750g
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
PolyMax™ is a family of advanced 3D printing filaments produced with Polymaker’s Nanoreinforcement technology, to deliver exceptional mechanical properties and printing quality. PolyMax™ PLA is an incredibly easy-to-print filament with improved mechanical properties, making it an excellent alternative to ABS.
- Superior Toughness – PolyMax PLA is an easy-to-print engineering material which displays an increased impact strength up to 5 times that of PolyLite PLA and 20% better than ABS. This is achieved through the implementation of Polymakers Nano-reinforcement technology which dramatically improves impact resistance and fracture toughness of the material without compromising printing quality.
- Strong & Ductile – Combining strength and ductility, PolyMax PLA is the perfect candidate for professional & educational environments where product design iteration requires a reliable prototyping process and a durable material.
- Jam-Free™ – Polymaker have implemented their Jam-Free™ technology into PolyMax PLA to improve the heat stability of the filament with softening
temperatures over 140 °C. As a result, PolyMax PLA shows minimal softening in the “cold end” and can melt rapidly once entering the heating zone, leading to excellent printing quality with zero risk of nozzle jams caused by heat creep.
- Easy-to-print – The outstanding mechanical strength of PolyMax PLA is achieved with no compromise in printing quality. PolyMax PLA prints easily with no heated bed but a heated bed can be used for better results (up to 60°C).
- Uncompromised Quality – PolyMax PLA filament is made with the highest quality ingredients including Ingeo® from Natureworks. Natureworks is a world-leading biopolymers supplier based in the USA with a portfolio of high quality raw PLA materials produced from rapidly renewable plant resources. Combining Polymakers innovative R&D technologies, compounding and extrusion systems with Natureworks Ingeo® resins produces a reliable 3D printing filament to print durable and accurate prototypes.
Nozzle Temperature: 190°C – 230°C
Printing Speed: 40mm/s – 60mm/s
Bed Temperature: 25°C – 60°C
Bed Surface: Glass with glue, Blue Tape, BuilTak®
Cooling Fan: ON
Note: Printing conditions may vary with different printers and nozzle diameters
Mechanical Properties (X-Y)
Young’s Modulus: 1879 ± 109 Mpa
Tensile Strength: 28.1 ± 1.3 Mpa
Bending Strength: 48.0 ± 1.9 Mpa
Charpy Impact Strength: 12.1 ± 1.0 kJ/m2
Glass Transition Temperature: 61°C
Heat Deflection Temperature (0.45 MPa): 54.5°C
Heat Deflection Temperature (1.8 MPa): 52.3°C
Vicat Softening Temperature: 62.4°C
Density: 1.17-1.24 g/cm3
Recommended Support Materials: PolyDissolve™ S1, PolySupport™
Disclaimer: The typical values presented in Polymakers data sheet are intended for reference and comparison purposes only. Due to the nature of 3D printing they should not be used for design specifications or quality control purposes.
Storage: It is recommended to store PolyMax PLA in the PolyBox™ to prevent moisture absorption which will lower the quality and the mechanical properties of the print. If the filament has absorbed moisture it can be dried at 55°C for 6 hours in a convection oven.