Ultimaker PP Filament
The Go-To Material for Prototyping & End-Use Products
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
Ultimaker PP Special Features
Ultimaker PP (polypropylene) is durable and has high toughness, exceptional fatigue resistance, and low friction. It also has good chemical, temperature, and electrical resistance. PP is one of the most widely used plastics on the planet. From electrical components to living hinges, PP is the go-to material for prototyping and end-use products.
PP is popular worldwide with engineers and manufacturers for a wide variety of applications;
- Durable with high toughness and fatigue resistance (PP retains its shape after torsion, bending, and/or flexing)
- Low friction and smooth surfaces
- Good heat resistance (up to 105°C)
- Chemical resistance to a wide range of bases and acids, including industrial cleaning agents
- High electrical resistance makes it a good electrical insulator
- Very resistant to moisture
- Low density resulting in lightweight parts (high strength-to-weight ratio)
- Excellent layer bonding
- Adequate bed adhesion and low warping when using Advanced 3D Printing Kit stickers
- Recyclable, for low environmental impact
Ultimaker PP is prone to warping. Therefore, the use of the adhesion sheets (available separately or in the Advanced 3D Printing Kit for the Ultimaker 2+ or Ultimaker 3) is strongly recommended when printing with Ultimaker PP. This ensures optimal adhesion to the build plate.
Ultimaker PP Specifications
- Weight: 0.50kg
- Diameter: 2.85mm