3DXTech CarbonX™ CF-Nylon 6 Filament 500g Black
CarbonX™ PA6+CF [Gen3] is made using a specialty Nylon 6 [PA6] copolymer and high-modulus carbon fiber. This is the go-to material for industrial applications that require superior thermal, mechanical, and chemical resistance properties while retaining the ease of printing that you’ve come to expect.
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
Gen 3 CarbonX™ PA6+CF Carbon Fiber Reinforced Nylon
Gen 3 CarbonX™ PA6+CF filament is formulated using a PA6 copolymer reinforced with high-modulus carbon fiber. This filament is ideal for anyone that desires a structural component with high modulus, improved chemical and thermal resistance, excellent surface quality, and ease of printing. Gen3 has higher HDT than our previous grades (147°C at .45MPa) allowing for expanded use in higher-temp applications.
Unparalleled rigidity gives designers the properties they need to make their 3D printed parts with less material and save weight without sacrificing stiffness.
Benefits of Nylon PA6+CF:
- Excellent printability
- High tensile strength and rigidity
- Abrasion and wear resistance
- Improved chemical resistance over traditional 3D printing materials
- High thermal properties
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 240-270°C
- Bed Temp: 80-110°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm. This material is particularly abrasive and users may find standard brass nozzles are chewed through very quickly, and the nozzle diameter will widen inconsistently causing extrusion issues
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments.
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep Adhesive gives the best results
- Heated Chamber: Not required, but a heated chamber between 30-80°C allows for superior layer bonding and mechanical properties
- Supports: Water soluble AquaTek X1 USM works great for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4 hours.