3DXTech CarbonX™ CF-PEI Filament 1.75mm 500g Black
CarbonX™ PEI+CF Made Using ULTEM 1010 Printing Filament
We manufacture CarbonX™ Carbon Fiber Reinforced PEI (Polyether Imide) using a custom-formulated compound made from ULTEM™ 1010 PEI resin and high-modulus carbon fiber. PEI is an amorphous, high-performance polymer that offers excellent mechanical, thermal, and chemical resistance properties.
Our PEI based filaments offer the ability to create parts with excellent properties even at elevated temperatures, thanks to a high glass transition temperature (Tg) of 217°C. The addition of high modulus carbon fiber reinforcement greatly increases the stiffness and modulus of the PEI material as well as improving the dimensional stability during and after 3D printing.Gearbox HT2™ 3D Printer.
Benefits of ULTEM PEI+CF Include:
- High thermal properties, with a Tg of 217°C
- Inherently flame-resistant with low smoke evolution and low smoke toxicity
- Long-term hydrolytic stability
- Excellent dimensional stability, low heat creep sensitivity, and a very low, uniform coefficient of thermal expansion create highly reproducible part-to-part dimensions
- Exceptional strength and modulus, even at elevated temperatures
- Good resistance to a broad range of chemicals, include automotive fluids, fully halogenated hydrocarbons, alcohols, and aqueous solutions
- Stable dielectric constant and dissipation factor over a wide range of temperatures and frequencies
Typical Applications of PEI+CF Ultem 1010:
The excellent balance of flame retardancy, low smoke emission, and low smoke toxicity of ULTEM PEI+CF makes it an excellent candidate for aerospace and aircraft applications. ULTEM offers low toxicity, smoke, and flame evolution. Ultem resins are found in applications such as personal service units, oxygen panels and components, ventilation system components, connectors, cable ducts, latches, hinges, food tray containers, door handles, and interior cladding parts.
Automotive & Transportation:
PEI+CF resins provide automotive manufacturers with a high performance, chemically resistant, thermally-stable, cost-effective alternative to metal that is strong enough to replace steel in some applications yet light enough to replace aluminum in others. For applications like transmission components, throttle bodies, ignition components, sensors, and thermostat housings.
PEI+CF may be an excellent material choice for today’s demanding electrical applications, including connectors, MCB components like housings, shafts and levers, hard disk drive internals, FOUPs, BiTS, PCBs, MCCB internals, Plenum devices, LCD projector internals, fuel cell components, and many other applications.
1.75mm and 2.85mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter
Recommended Print Settings:
- Extruder: 360-390°C
- Bed Temp: 140-160°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with carbon fiber reinforced filaments
- Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive and 3DXTECH Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended
- Supports: ThermaX™ HTS High-Temp Support is designed to work with complex, high-temp materials
- Drying Instructions: 120°C for 4 hours
ULTEM™ is a registered trademark of Sabic Innovative Plastics
This material is particularly abrasive among 3D printing filaments. Users may find standard brass nozzles are chewed through very quickly compared to standard wear and tear. When worn through, the nozzle diameter will widen inconsistently and the printer will experience extrusion issues.
Because of this, it's strongly recommended this material be printed through a hardened steel nozzle rather than a softer metal. Hardened steel nozzles can often be inexpensive and easily installed depending on your printer manufacturer's instructions.
Safety and Technical data sheets
PEI_CF-SDS-v01 / PEI_CF-TDS-v03
There are no reviews yet.