Ultimaker S5 3D Printer
Built for the office, the Ultimaker S5 is a powerful, reliable, and versatile 3D printer that delivers industrial-class results.
Free shipping on orders over $149!
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Premium Support
- Secure Payments
- Local Stock
Ultimaker S5 Special Features
The Ultimaker S5 adds enhanced performance with a larger build volume, effortless operation, and unparalleled reliability.
- Function with Form: The Ultimaker S5 packs powerful technology in a simple, clean, stylish enclosure that fits right in with your office. An enclosed front, with tinted glass doors, ensures that the internal temperature and airflow is optimal. An intuitive touchscreen interface guides you through operation of the printer, and displays detailed status information. Frame lights provide visual feedback and project clean white light to overview and inspect your print up close, and an embedded power supply gives the printer a clean footprint, making it ideal for shelf or rack mounting.
- Reliability at Scale: The Ultimaker S5 has a large build volume of 330x240x300mm giving you the option to print on larger scales or fit multiple parts on a build plate, so you can get the dimensions you designed for. This in combination with Cura Connect, allows you to group multiple Ultimaker S5 and Ultimaker 3 printers together to maximise production efficiency.
- Filament Flow Sensor: A built-in filament flow sensor intelligently detects when material stops moving or is nearing an end. To save your print if a spool runs out, the Ultimaker S5 will automatically pause and prompt you to take action. Loading, unloading, and changing material is effortless with an ergonomic locking lever built into each feeder. Flip the lever upwards to manually insert or remove material and then flip it closed. Constant force is applied to the material to ensure consistent feeding throughout your print.
- Reliable Adhesion from First Layer to Finished Part: A perfect first layer is crucial to every 3D print. To ensure that this happens every time, Imaginables have overhauled the active leveling technology. The Ultimaker S5 probes the build plate in a greater number of locations, creating a precisely detailed heightmap of a build surface. Using this data, the machine compensates for any surface deviations in real time, giving you a perfect, ultra-flat first layer with secure adhesion that lasts the entire print. There’s no need for constant monitoring – just start a print and leave the Ultimaker S5 to do its job while you do yours.
- High Uptime and Greater Flexibility: Swappable print cores enable effortless, tool-free maintenance and maximum printer uptime. Achieve different print characteristics using different nozzle sizes, ranging from 0.8mm for rapid prints, to 0.25mm for ultra-fine detail. With two available print core slots in the print head, quickly and easily click in your desired combination for reliable dual-extrusion. Print with different colours for aesthetic impact, or use water-soluable PVA or Breakaway support for full geometric freedom, easy post-processing, and a high-quality surface finish, so that tactile presentation models or complex mechanical parts look polished and professional.
- Greater Accuracy: To get accurate, consistent results with a range of materials, the Ultimaker S5 uses a hardened glass plate that quickly and easily clips onto an extra-stiff cast aluminium heated platform, keeping your print securely in place for the entire print duration.
- Full Control at your Fingertips: A responsive full-colour touchscreen integrated into the front panel of the Ultimaker S5 makes operation intuitive, effortless, and informed. Swipe through menus and tap options to select them just like a smartphone. Detailed information on each component such as loaded materials, print cores, the build plate, and nozzle temperature keeps you up to date about jobs in progress and a 3D preview lets you see what’s printing at a glance.
- Engineering-Grade Materials for a Diverse Range of Properties: The Ultimaker S5 supports the full portfolio of Ultimaker materials including ABS, CPE+, Nylon, and TPU 95A as well as third party materials. With the dual-geared, abrasion-resistant feeder, coupled with the CC Red 0.6 print core, the S5 is capable of printing advanced composite materials like Owens Corning XSTRAND and DSM Novamid filaments.
- A 750g spool of Ultimaker’s newest material, Tough PLA, is included in the box of each Ultimaker S5. With high impact strength and stiffness, combined with the easy and reliable printing experience of PLA, Tough PLA has mechanical properties similar to ABS making it a great material for large functional prototypes, tooling, or manufacturing aids.
- Imaginables has performed rigorous testing on each Ultimaker material to ensure maximum compatibility with the Ultimaker S5, as well as optimising over 200 settings in Ultimaker Cura (Imaginables’ free print preparation software), to create material profiles. Use material profiles to prepare your prints and take guesswork and experimentation out of 3D printing, achieving high-quality results the first time around. But if you do want to experiment with other materials, Imaginables’ open filament system allows you to use third-party materials with ease.
- Smart Spool Holder: A smart spool holder conveniently clips onto the back panel of the Ultimaker S5 and accommodates two separate 750g material spools. Load a spool onto the holder, and using the holder’s built-in NFC reader, the printer will recognise the Ultimaker material type and automatically select the optimum printer settings so you don’t need to.
Ultimaker S5 Specifications
- Technology: Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF)
- Print Head: Dual extrusion print head with a unique auto-nozzle lifting system and swappable print cores
- Build Volume (XYZ): 330x240x300mm
- Layer Resolution:
- 0.25mm nozzle: 150-60micron
- 0.4mm nozzle: 200-20micron
- 0.6mm nozzle: 300-20micron
- 0.8mm nozzle: 600-20micron
- XYZ Resolution (Stepper Motor): 6.9, 6.9, 2.5 micron
- Build Speed: <24mm³/s
- Build Plate: Heated glass build plate (20-140°C)
- Nozzle Diameter:
- 0.4mm (included)
- 0.25mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm (sold separately)
- Operating Sound: <50dBA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, LAN, USB
- Dimensions (with Bowden tubes and spool holder): 49.5×58.5x78cm
- Net Weight: 20.6kg
- Supplied Software:
- Ultimaker Cura: print preparation software
- Ultimaker Connect: print management software
- Ultimaker Cloud: enables remote printing
- Supported OS: MacOS, Windows, and Linux
- Warranty Period: 12 months
- Compatible Accessories:
- Print Core AA: 0.25/0.4/0.8mm quick swap nozzles
- Print Core BB: 0.4/0.8mm nozzles specifically designed for printing soluble support material
- Print Core CC: 0.6mm nozzle ruby-tipped for printing abrasive composites
- Nozzle Covers: replacement covers keep your print head in top condition
- Compatible Materials:
- Easy to print and visual quality: Ultimaker PLA/Tough PLA
- Mechanical Strength: Ultimaker ABS/PC/CPE
- Wear Resistance: Ultimaker Nylon/PP
- Heat Resistance: Ultimaker CPE+
- Flexibility: Ultimaker TPU 95A
- Support: Ultimaker PVA/Breakaway
Ultimaker S5 Further Information
Introducing the Ultimaker S5: https://youtu.be/N_r7UYMQwDk
Ultimaker Cura Download: https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura